Friday October 11
9am – 4pm @ the University of Technology Sydney
(Registration from 8.45am)
The SVA Symposium invites students and staff to come together to showcase the achievements of the SVA Pilot and share good practice in student engagement from across our Australian institutions.
The Symposium is an opportunity to:
- Share initiatives from across institutions that meaningfully engage a diversity of students in influencing and improving their educational experience.
- Identify and address challenges in developing authentic and inclusive student partnership approaches.
- Network with a variety of staff and students involved in student engagement and partnership practice.
- Explore how student engagement through partnership can continue to be supported and practiced within in the tertiary education sector in Australia.
We are very excited to announce that live visual scribing will take place at the Symposium brought to you by the wonderful Swivel Creative
Who should attend?
- Student representatives & student leaders
- Institutional leaders & managers
- Professional & academic staff
- Staff & students with an interest in student partnership in governance and
Friday October 11, 2019
9am – 4pm (Registration from 8.45-9.15am)
$85 per person (non-Pilot institutions)
No charge for Pilot institutions
Submit a Poster or Case study
If you would like to submit a case study or a poster abstract to be shared at the event & in the online Symposium program booklet, please fill out the following form (separate to your registration).
Posters and case studies should focus on examples of good practice in demonstrating authentic student involvement (using partnership approaches) in decision-making and governance in tertiary institutions or in the sector. This could be any activity where students are meaningfully involved in enhancing the quality of education and the student experience.
Feel free to contact Kate Walsh (Project Manager, Student Voice Australia) if you have any questions.